Prof. Dr. Veit Hornung
Gene Center and Department of Biochemistry
|Room-Nr.||BioSysM 1. OG|
- Innate Immunity with a special focus on nucleic acid sensing and the inflammasome pathway.
- Development and application of designer nucleases to generate knockout cells.
- Since 2015 Chair of Immunobiochemistry (W3), Gene Center and Department of Biochemistry, Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, Germany
- 2014 - 2015 Director (W3), Institute of Molecular Medicine, University Hospital, University of Bonn, Germany
- 2008 – 2013 Professor of Clinical Biochemistry (W2), Institute for Clinical Chemistry and Clinical Pharmacology, University Hospital, University of Bonn, Germany
- 2006 – 2008 Postdoctoral research fellow in the laboratories of Prof. Dr. Eicke Latz and Prof. Dr. Kate Fitzgerald in the Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worchester, USA
- 2005 – 2006 Group leader "Therapeutic Oligonucleotides" in the Division of Clinical Pharmacology, LMU, Munich, Germany
- 2003 – 2006 Research fellow / Postdoctoral research fellow in the laboratory of Prof. Dr. Gunther Hartmann in the Division of Clinical Pharmacology at the University, Hospital Munich, LMU, Munich, Germany
- 1996 – 2003 Study of Medicine at the University of Munich, LMU, including rotations at Harvard University (Boston, USA) and University of Zurich (Zurich, Switzerland)