Switching to new SciFinder version
As reported almost two years ago, the new SciFinder version SciFindern (n = new) has been available to all LMU members for scientific research purposes since November 11, 2019. The "old" SciFinder remained activated in parallel and continued to be updated in terms of data technology, but was no longer developed further by CAS. Now it will definitely be switched off at the end of September 30, 2021.
What do you need to consider with regard to switching from SciFinder to SciFindern ?
- If you have created a bookmark for the SciFinder login page, you should update it. The SciFinder home page is: https://scifinder-n-cas-org.emedien.ub.uni-muenchen.de
- You do not need to create a new account for SciFindern . Your current SciFinder account is also valid for SciFindern.
- As of Oktober 01, 2021, if you attempt to log into the old SciFinder, you will be automatically redirected to SciFindern.
- You must transfer all saved SciFinder answer sets and alerts to SciFindern before Oktober 01, 2021, otherwise they will be irretrievably lost!
- Moving from SciFinder to CAS SciFindern (Recorded Webinar)
- Kurzanleitung zu den Basisfunktionen in SciFindern (Compact Online Training)
- Hintergrund zur Migration von Antwortsätzen und Alerts
- Tipps und Tricks zum Einrichten und Anpassen von migrierten Alerts
- SciFindern HBZ Schulungsseite
- CAS-Support Training Page
- CAS-Support Webinar Page
- Weltweites CAS SciFindern Training (recording from 15.09.2021)
Good luck and have fun researching with SciFindern!
If you have any questions or problems related to the migration of the database, please contact the Chemistry and Pharmacy Library.
Dr. Andreas Will
+49 89 2180 77065