Under the ERC Starting Grant ERC-2014-StG – 637830 "Novel Asthma Therapy" we are developing dry powder platform technologies for targeted pulmonary siRNA delivery to activated T cells in the lung.
Our project has a clear potential of advancing pulmonary nanomedicine as novel asthma therapy specifically and RNA delivery in general.
- Tobias W. M. Keil, Domizia Baldassi, Olivia M. Merkel, T‐cell targeted pulmonary siRNA delivery for the treatment of asthma, Wiley Interdiscip. Rev.: Nanomed. Nanobiotechnol., 2020, e1634.
- Tobias Keil et al., Characterization of spray dried powders with nucleic acid-containing PEI nanoparticles, European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics 2019, 143, 61-69
- Aditi Mehta et al., Targeting KRAS mutant lung cancer cells with siRNA-loaded Bovine Serum Albumin nanoparticles, Pharmaceutical Research 2019, 36, (9), 133
- Rima Kandil et al., Coming in and Finding Out: Blending Receptor‐Targeted Delivery and Efficient Endosomal Escape in a Novel Bio‐Responsive siRNA Delivery System for Gene Knockdown in Pulmonary T Cells, Advanced Therapeutics 2019, https://doi.org/10.1002/adtp.201900047
- Daniel P Feldmann et al., In vitro and in vivo delivery of siRNA via VIPER polymer system to lung cells. Journal of Controlled Release 2018, 276, 50-58
- Daniel P. Feldmann et al., The impact of microfluidic mixing of triblock micelleplexes on in vitro/in vivo gene silencing and intracellular trafficking, Nanotechnology 2017, 28(22), 224001.
- Yuran Xie et al., Targeted Delivery of siRNA to Transferrin Receptor Overexpressing Tumor Cells via Peptide Modified Polyethylenimine, Molecules 2016, 21(10), 1334.
- Yuran Xie et al., Targeted Delivery of siRNA to Activated T Cells via Transferrin-Polyethylenimine (Tf-PEI) as a Potential Therapy of Asthma, Journal of Controlled Release, 2016, 229, 120-9.
- Yuran Xie and Olivia Merkel, Pulmonary Delivery of siRNA via Polymeric Vectors as Therapies of Asthma, Archiv der Pharmazie 2015, 348 (19), 681-688.